We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. The past few months have been unlike anything we have ever experienced. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to providing excellent dental care in a safe and comfortable environment. We are glad to announce that Suffolk Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics is now open for hygiene and all dental care.
Infection control has always been a top priority so we want to tell you about the new infection control procedures we will follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that you check in and wait in your car if possible. If you can’t, please follow social distancing in our waiting room.
- For patients seeing a pediatric dentist or hygienist, ONLY 1 CAREGIVER and NO SIBLINGS may accompany the patient.
- For patients over 12 years old with routine orthodontic appointments, we request that no one accompany them to their appointment to allow for social distancing if possible.
- Temperature will be taken upon entering the office and anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or over will be rescheduled.
- Everyone entering the office will be required to wear a face covering.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean additional days and extended hours in some of our offices.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- For your safety we will have increased sanitization in the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our Port Jefferson Station office at 631-928-8585, Wading River 631-929-7575, Sayville 631-750-9175 or visit our website at SuffolkPediatricDentistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Suffolk Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics